Mercedes-Benz, Hyundai pull ads from 'O'Reilly Factor' over new harassment claims

Peter Castro
April 5, 2017

It says given the importance of women in every aspect of its business it doesn't feel this is a good environment in which to advertise its products.

"Based on the recent allegations and our strong commitment to inclusion, respect and tolerance in the workplace, we have made a decision to pull Constant Contact's ads from The O'Reilly Factor", the spokeswoman said, noting that ads could continue to run on the program through Tuesday evening. A spokesman for the company told CNN that the company buys "a wide ranging media package", and that it takes "our duties as a responsible advertiser seriously".

According to the New York Times, the five women who've alleged harassment by O'Reilly either worked for his show or appeared as guests.

As fans may already know, yesterday, her lawyer slammed the man by claiming low ratings on O'Reilly factor were a result of the fact that Walsh was asked to stop appearing.

Walsh, however, said she is not suing him.

Hyundai said early Tuesday that it is not now advertising on "The O'Reilly Factor" but will remove upcoming ads because of the "recent and disturbing allegations".

Mac Pro will finally get a reboot! (The 3:59, Ep. 204)
This is not a new model, not a new design, we're just going to update the configs. And there will be a brand new Apple display to go with it.

CFP Board: "CFP Board does not have a partnership or a sponsorship with Fox News". That seems to suggest that Mercedes-Benz could be the only one to actually cut ties with The O'Reilly Factor, but these other companies will most likely be watching Mercedes closely to see if it really ends up benefitting from this move.

"Nobody can silence me because my voice is not for sale", Walsh said, according to the Associated Press.

Days after an explosive report revealing new sexual-harassment allegations against host Bill O'Reilly, a top Fox News' human-resources official on Monday sent a memo to news staff urging employees to report misconduct to HR officials or the law firm in charge of investigating potential harassment within the network. "Nobody can buy my voice".

Fox didn't immediately respond to a request for comment.

"Just like other prominent and controversial people, I'm vulnerable to lawsuits from individuals who want me to pay them to avoid negative publicity", the statement said. "And so I have put to rest any controversies to spare my children", he said.

Earlier this week, current Fox contributor Julie Roginsky filed another lawsuit against Ailes, Fox News and Bill Shine, the network's co-president, asserting that she faced retaliation for rebuffing Ailes's sexual advances and for refusing to disparage Carlson. Fox News has no obvious candidates to replace O'Reilly in the 8 p.m. hour, and it is not clear that anyone at the network could draw the same audience he does.

Other reports by PlayStation Move reviews

Discuss This Article

FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER