Malaysia Starts 'No Cure, No Fee' Negotiations in Search for Missing Jet

Violet Powell
October 21, 2017

Department of Civil Aviation Director-General Datuk Seri Azharuddin Abdul Rahman said the Malaysian Government had given permission to the MH370 Response Team to proceed negotiating the terms and conditions with "Ocean Infinity".

The Malaysian government has accepted an offer from a private company to resume the search for missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370, Federal Minister for Infrastructure and Transport Darren Chester has confirmed.

Ocean Infinity said it plans to concentrate on a search area of almost 10,000 square-miles, which has been tagged by the ATSB as having a "high probability" of success.

"Malaysia's decision to proceed with the search shows the commitment to find MH370".

However late a year ago the Minister for Infrastructure, Darren Chester, said any resumption of the search required precise identification of the final resting place of the wreckage.

In one of aviation's greatest mysteries, the plane vanished from radar soon after taking off from Kuala Lumpur en route to Beijing.

The statement contradicts an earlier claim from Australia's transport minister that the company had entered into a "no find no fee" arrangement with the Malaysian government. Its conclusion said the location of MH370 could not be pinpointed, despite a large-scale search of about 300,000 square miles of ocean.

Dallas tabbed as 2018 NFL Draft host
During its three days, Draft programming claimed five out of the top 10 spots among sports events, including the #1 spot. The NFL will put on quite a show with the draft and they are expecting record crowds to show up for the event.

Most of the passengers and crew were from China and Malaysia, but individuals and families from 14 different countries were also on board the missing flight.

In his statement, Chester said while he hoped the new search was successful, he was wary of raising the hope of families of the people on board.

The Australian-led search for the aircraft was suspended in January, much to the anguish of distraught relatives.

The plane has yet to be recovered, with only small pieces of debris surfacing periodically. According to Mr Chester, any new operation will focus on a 25,000 sq km area identified by the Australian Transport Safety Bureau as having a "high probability" of containing the aircraft.

The ATSB released its two final reports on the search earlier this month.

The aircraft was thought to have been diverted thousands of miles off course out over the southern Indian Ocean before crashing about 2,000km off the coast of Western Australia.

Other reports by PlayStation Move reviews

Discuss This Article

FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER